Table of contents
1. Employees of the Laboratory
2. About Laboratory
2.1 Brief background of the Laboratory
2.2 Basic directions of work of the Laboratory since 1992 up to present time
2.2.1 Theoretical and empirial studies of Natural Language
2.2.2 Creation and study of Russian corpora
126.96.36.199 Computer corpus of Russian newspapers of the XXth century end
188.8.131.52 Corpus of Russian literary texts of XIX-XXth centuries
184.108.40.206 Other corpora
2.2.3 Creation and study of dictionary databases
2.2.4 Creation of soft tools
2.2.5 Participation of the laboratory in holding the international scientific conferences
220.127.116.11 Qualico ' 94
18.104.22.168 International Congress "Russian Language: It's Historical Destiny and Present State"
2.2.6 Creation of a site "Human Language" (HumLang)
3. The computer corpus of Russian newspapers of the XXth century end (in Russian)
4. The chronological morphemic and wordformational dictionary of Russian
5. Courses for students read by employees of the laboratory (in Russian)
6. Library of the Laboratory
7. The bibliography of basic works by employees of the laboratory and post-graduate students (in Russian)
8. A site "Human Language" (HumLang)
9. The International Congress of Russian Language Researches
9.1 The Second International Congress of Russian Language Researches
1. Employees of the laboratory
1. Anatoly Anatol'evich Polikarpov - a head of the laboratory - professor of Russian Language Department [ click here for personal information ]
2. Olga Vladimirovna Kukushkina - professor of Russian Language Department
4. Alexander Aleksandrovich Varlamov - an engineer
5. Kolyaskina Anastasia
6. Elena Fyodorovna Pirjatinskaja - the scientist
2. About the laboratory
2.1 Brief background of the laboratory
(full title of works mentioned here a present in a section BIBLIOGRAPHY; some of these works are available in LIBRARY section of the site)
In 1981 there was established under A.A.Polikarpov's leadership a group for general and applied lexicology in the Laboratory of Applied Linguistics of the Philological Faculty of Moscow State University Achievements of the group for the period from 1981 to 1992 are as follows:
- Development of the theoretical basics for quantitative the analysis of language [Polikarpov, 1981; 1981a; 1984; 1986a; 1986b; 1987; 1988; 1989; 1990; 1991; Boroda, Polikarpov, 1984; 1987; 1988; Boroda, Polikarpov, 1988; Karimova, 1989; 1990; Karimova, Polikarpov, 1988; 1989; Krylov, Polikarpov, 1990; Polikarpov, Tuldava, 1989; Savchuk, 1990; 1992];
- Studies on the system organization of lexicon, including creation and the analysis of textual corpora and dictionary DBs [Polikarpov, 1981; 1987; 1988; 1989; 1990; 1991; 1992; Polikarpov, Polikarpov, 1986; Polikarpov, Bushueva, 1985; 1988; 1988a; Safronova, 1986; Obuhova, 1986; Polikarpov, Krjukova, 1988; Boroda, Polikarpov, 1984; 1988b; Boroda, Polikarpov, 1988; Kolodjazhnaja, Polikarpov, Khot'ko, 1986; Kolodjazhnaja, Polikarpov, 1992; Malov, 1988; Karimova, 1989; 1990; Karapetjants, Obuhova, Polikarpov, 1988; Dolinskij, 1988; 1990; Ahmedzhanov etc., 1989; Karimova, Polikarpov, 1989; 1990; Savchuk, 1990; Kurlov, Polirarpov, 1991; Kustova, Polikarpov, 1991];
- The analysis of principles and basics of applied linguistics [Zlatoustova etc., 1989; Polikarpov, 1989; 1990; Polikarpov, Tuldava, 1990a];
- Development of the automated lexicographic system [Polikarpov, Fedotov, 1986];
- Development of techniques of gathering and analysis of mistakes of foreigners in Russian speech (a series of works of 1985-1991 under the leadership of A.A.Polikarpov with principal assictance by O.V.Kukushkina);
- Active participation of the lexocology group in establishing and organization of work of All-Union Interuniversity problem group " Text as an Object of Interdisciplinary Researches" (together with Tartu University and Tbilisi Conservatory (including realization of all-union conferences and seminars [KASOT-1986; PLAAT, 1988; APKL, 1990; EVKMIY, 1991; Boroda, Dolinskij, 1986; Boroda, Polikarpov, 1988b; Polikarpov, Tuldava, 1990b]).
In 1992 on the basics of the group for general and applied lexicology at philological faculty there was established the Laboratory for general and computational lexicology and lexicography.
2.2 Basic directions of work of the Laboratory since 1992 till present time
( full titles of works mentioned here someone can find in a section BIBLIOGRAPHY; some of these works are available in LIBRARY section of the site)
2.2.1 Theoretical study of natural language:
1) Model of evolution of lexical system and its experimental testing [Polikarpov, 1988; 1990; 1991; 1991a; 1993; 1994; 1994a; 1995; 1995a; 1996; 1997; 1998; 2000; 2000a; 2001];
2) The analysis of problems of glottochronology [Kapitan, 1995; the Kapitan, Polikarpov - in press];
3) Typology of units of lexical system (Polikarpov, 1988; 1989);
4) The analysis of lingvotypological features of Chinese language lexicon [Obukhova, 1986; Karapetjants, Obukhova, Polikarpov, 1987];
5) The analysis of genre-stylistic features of lexicon and morphemics of Russian [Savchuk, 1994; Vinogradova etc., 2001; Polikarpov etc., 2001 - in press];
6) The analysis of the system organization of an explanatory dictionaries [Polikarpov, Kurlov, 1994; Kolodjazhnaja, Polikarpov, 1994];
7) The analysis of system features of Russian lexical synonymy [Pokrovskaja, 1997];
8) The analysis of knowledge of Russian lexicon by its native speakers [Savchuk, 1997];
9) The analysis of a morfemic and word-formational subsystem of Russian language [Bogdanov, Kryukova, Polikarpov, 1998; Polikarpov, 2000; Bogdanov, 2001];
10) Development and realization of the model of Russian morfology automatic analysis [O.V.Kukushkina];
11) Development and testing of the model of generation of mistakes in Russian texts [Kukushkina, 1998];
12) The analysis of constant and personal characteristics of the text [Khmelev, 2000; Kukushkina, Polikarpov, Khmelev, 2001; Kukushkina, Polikarpov, Khmelev, 2001a];
13) The analysis of associative data for the lexicon of Russian [Dolinski, 1993].
2.2.2 Creation and study of text corpora of Russian. Creation and research of text corpora is one of the basic directions of the activity of the Laboratory.
- 22.214.171.124 Computer corpus of Russian newspapers of the XX-th century end [Vinogradova, Kukushkina, Polikarpov, Savchuk, 2001]. This corpus was complied in 1999 and now it is investigated under grants from RFBR (Russian Foundation for Basic Research). The corpus is intended for the analysis of linguistic features (lexicon, morphemics, morphology, word-formation, syntax, phraseology, stylistics) of modern newspaper Russian language
- 126.96.36.199 Computer corpus of Russian literary texts of XIX-XXth centuries. This corpus has grown out long work on gathering literary texts. Volume of the corpus about 150-ti Mb, number of authors - more than 100, number of texts - more than 300. A basis of it was the corpus compiled by D.V. Khmelev [Khmelev, 2000]. A.A.Smirnov has taken part in updating the corpus. The corpus is used for multidimensional textual analysis of linguistic problems of disputable authorship [Khmelev, 2000; Kukushkina, Polikarpov, Khmelev, 2001; Kukushkina, Polikarpov, Khmelev, 2001] and for stylistic analysis
- 188.8.131.52 Other corpora. Except for the corpus of newspaper texts and corpus of Russian literary texts there were created and investigated corpora of Russian short stories, psychological self-descriptions, written compositions of foreigners in Russian, parallel literary texts in Russian and English languages.
2.2.3 Creation and study of dictionary databases. This is also one of basic activity of the laboratory . In different time databases on a number of existing dictionaries were created. Original dictionaries were created as well. The list of these databases with comments on original or compilative character of them is present below:
- The grammatic dictionary of Russian (on the basis of A.A.Zaliznjak's dictionary, 1977) (headed by O.V.Kukushkina) [Kukushkina, 1997]
- The dictionary of synonyms of Russian (on the basis of A.P.Evgen'eva's dictionary, 1975) (headed by A.A.Polikarpov)
- Large dictionary of lexical and root homonyms of Russian (on the baisis of O.S.Ahmanova's and N.P.Kolesnikov's original dictionaries) (headed by A.A.Polikarpov)
- The dictionary of Russian idiomatic phrases (Random House, 1995) (headed by O.V.Kukushkina)
- The dictionary of grammatic phrases (on the basis of R.P. Rogozhnikova's dictionary) (headed byO.V.Kukushkina)
- The dictionary of antonyms of Russian (on the basis of R.M.Lvov's dictionary) (headed by A.A.Polikarpov)
- Word list of Russian dictionaries and encyclopedias (on the basis of R.P.Rogozhnikova's dictionary ) (headed by A.A.Polikarpov)
- The dictionary of new words and senses of Russian (on the basis of N.Z.Kotelova's dictionary, 1984) (headed by A.A.Polikarpov) [Polikarpov 2000]
- The dictionary of new words and senses of the English language (on the basis of the dictionary [ Longman, 1990] (headed by A.A.Polikarpov)
- Thesaurus of 10 thousand of common words of Russian (original, the author - O.V.Kukushkina)
- The complex frequency dictionary of Russian's prose (original, the author - J.K.Krylov)
- The semantic frequency dictionary of Pushkin's lexicon (on a basis of " The Dictionary of language of A.S.Pushkin ") (headed by A.A.Polikarpov)
- The dictionary of synonyms, antonyms and semantically correlated words of the English language (on basis "Webster's New Dictionary of Synonyms", 1973) (headed by A.A.Polikarpov)
- The chronological morfemic and word-formational dictionary of Russian (headed by A.A.Polikarpov);
- Frequency dictionary of lexemes and phraseology of modern newspaper Russian (headed by A.A.Polikarpov, O.V.Kukushkina);
- The parametrical dictionary of Old Russian language (headed by A.A.Polikarpov);
- The parametrical dictionary of lexicon of Slavonic languages on the basis of " The Etymological dictionary of slavic languages " by O.N.Trubachyov (headed by A.A.Polikarpov).
2.2.4 Creation of program complexes. For a number of years in the laboratory there was undertaken a work on creation of tools for the automatic and automated analysis of texts and dictionaries of Russian, English and other languages. Among them compter system DicTUM-1 as the most complex tool of the linguistic analysis is allocated.
2. The Morfo-Analyzer - a subsystem of DicTUM-1 for the automatic morphological analysis of Russian words in texts (the author - O.V.Kukushkina);
3. MorfSegm - a subsystem of DicTUM-1 for the automatic morphemic analysis of Russian word- forms (authors - O.V.Kukushkina, A.A.Polikarpov)
4. LinTez - a subsystem of semantic marking of units of Russian texts and text semantic analysis (author - O.V.Kukushkina with the assistance of A.A.Polikarpov);
5. PsyAn - a subsystem of the DicTUM-1 for the semantico-psychological analysis of Russian texts (author - O.V.Kukushkina)6. Colloq - a subsystem DicTUM-1 for the selection of words and word collocations from Russian texts and automatic construction of the thesaurus of the text (author - O.V.Kukushkina);
7. A genre - a subsystem of the complex automatic quantitative-stylistic analysis of Russian text (authors - O.V.Kukushkina, A.A.Polikarpov).
8. DictAn - an autonomous tool for creating converting and analysis of dictionary data of any language (authors - A.A.Polikarpov, programming - V.V.Fedotov).
2.2.5 Participation of the Laboratory in the organization of the international scientific conferences
184.108.40.206 Qualico ' 94. In 1994 the Laboratory was a basic unit for holding the Second International Conference on quantitative to linguistics - Qualico ' 94.
220.127.116.11 International congress "Russian Language: its Historical Destiny and Present State".
2.2.6 Creation of a site "Human Language" (HumLang).
3. The computer corpus of Russian newspapers of the XX-th century end
4. The chronological morfemic and Word-Formational dictionary of Russian
5. Courses reade by employees of the Laboratory
6. Library of the Laboratory
7. The bibliography of basic works of the Laboratory employees, associates, and post-graduate students
8. Site "Human Language" - HumLang
The site "Human Language" (HumLang) was created in 1999 as a part of the all-Russian Internet - network on the Humanities. The site is supported by employees of laboratory. URL - http://www.philol.msu.ru/~humlang
9. International Congress of researchers of Russian "Russian Language: its Historical Destiny and the Present State"
The congress was held on March, 13-16 2001 at the philological faculty of the Moscow State University. The Laboratory was a basic division of faculty for the organizing Committee of the Congress. You can find the general information on the Congress here
Site of the Congress see here - http://www.philol.msu.ru /~rlc2001.
9.1 International Congress of researchers of Russian "Russian Language: its Historical Destiny and the Present State"
The congress was held on March, 18-21 2004 at the philological faculty of the Moscow State University. The Laboratory was a basic division of faculty for the organizing Committee of the Congress. You can find the general information on the Congress here
Site of the Congress see here - http://www.philol.msu.ru /~rlc2001.
In this section there is memorial page for G.P.Melnikov (1928-2000) and three comture books of him:
Systemology and Language Aspects of Cybernetics (1978) (in Russian)
Systemology and Linguistic Aspects of Cybernetics (1988) (in English)
System Typology of languages: Synthesis of morphological classification of languages with stadial (2000) (in Russian)
Memorial page with the biography and the bibliography of the basic works of G.P.Melnikov
Lingvoanalizator 3-e by Khemelev Dmitry
International Quantitative Linguistics Association
Qualico ' 94
The reports submitted to Qualico ' 94
General information on the conference Qualico ' 94
The Journal of Quantitative Linguistics
Books Series "Quantitative Linguistics"
Bibliography of Quantitative Linguistics